New Beginnings Cheese Board
We're starting the year with the theme New Beginnings. It's a chance to highlight some of the less traditional styles of cheese - those that are relatively new (given cheese making has been around for centuries, we have some flexibility with 'new'!), all made in the UK and tasting great at this time of year. Cheese expert Ned Palmer has selected:
- Rachel (200g). Delicate flavours, supple texture. Sweet, milky with a finish of caramel and salt. Coming from the Land of the Cheddar, exciting to see this new style emerge
- Garlic Yarg (200g). If Spring was a cheese, there's a fair chance it would be Garlic Yarg. Acidic beginnings give way to creaminess, hints of garlic and a mineral finish
- Witheridge (200g). Matured in fresh hay which gives an enticingly beery aroma. Characterful but not overwhelming. First cheese in UK to be matured this way
- Binham Blue (200g). Gentle for a blue and perfect for the season. The firm but giving texture delivers a burst of sweetness balanced by light acidity, developing savoury notes and a spicy heat
- Jar of Champion Cherry & Amaretto (113g)
- BBCGF Cheese Club powered by cheesegeek tasting notes and scorecard
Delivery is FREE and all Cheese Club boxes will be delivered on Thursdays. You can also select delivery for the New Year. Each delivery comes in a climate control box (the only in the industry) with a 48 hour freshness guarantee. The cheese is cut fresh on the day that it is sent out to ensure it's in the best condition.
Each box comes with an insert that will talk you through the info on the cheeses, tasting notes and a scorecard to help you make the very most of your BBC Good Food Delivery!
Free next delivery to UK mainland on all cheeseboxes. Boxes are delivered on Thursdays (last orders 9am Wednesday)
Our cheese is delivered in climate-controlled packaging. We recommend eating within a week for optimum freshness
We have a 48 hour freshness guarantee. If your box is more than a day late, we will send you a fresh one for free