Cheese Hard Cheese Recipes
Fondue with Appleby’s Cheshire, Ogleshield and Vintage Lincolnshire Poacher
By Rhiannon Davis
Mar 2, 2022
Is there anything more luxurious and most importantly, fun, than a fondue? For a fabulous party or just a treat for a cosy night in, this fondue is the perfect fix!
|Prep time: 15 mins|
|Cook time: 20-30 mins|
|Dietary: Not vegetarian|
For the fondue
- 1 clove of garlic
- 200g cubed or grated Appleby’s Cheshire
- 200g cubed or grated Ogleshield
- 200g cubed or grated Vintage Lincolnshire Poacher
- 1 tsp of cornflour
- 1 tbsp Kirsch (optional)
For the dipping (suggestions)
- Cubed bread (stale works best)
- Boiled new potatoes
- Pickled onion
- Roasted broccoli
- Fillet Mignon (...too much?)
Large glass of white wine
- Slice the garlic in half and rub it around the inside of your fondue pot (or saucepan)
- Add half the wine, and allow to come up to a slow boil
- Lower the heat and gradually add the cheeses until they have melted (start with the Ogleshield and Appleby’s and then gradually add the Poacher)
- If using Kirsch then add this to the melted cheese mix, if not then then slowly add the rest of the wine.
- Heat the mixture gently (don’t let it boil) until it is smooth (if the mixture is too runny then slowly add the cornflour with a little water before adding to the cheese - if it’s too thick then add a little more wine)
- Serve over low heat at the table
- Use fondue prongs to dip your chosen accompaniments and enjoy!!
CG top tip: if you don’t have kirsch to hand you can use water instead!